What to bring
• Hats and sunglasses
• Jacket (for inclement weather)
• Ear plugs (for sensitive ears)
(max size: individual 6’x3’; couple 6’x6’)
• Refillable water bottle or water in commercially sealed plastic bottles
• Cooler: max size: 22″ x 15″ x 15″
(larger coolers not permitted on the site)
• Low back beach style chairs
(not more than 8” in height off the ground – higher chairs must sit in the back to avoid obstructing the view of others)
What not to bring
• Large tents or tarps
• Alcoholic beverages
• Glass containers or cans
• Frisbees or balls
• Umbrellas or shaded canopies
• Pets (service animals are permitted)
• Flags, signs on sticks or banners
• Audio or video recording devices
• Laser pointers
Services available on site
• Washrooms (portable)
• Water (free!)
• First Aid tent
• Festival merchandise
• Local artisan wares for purchase
• Lost and Found
• Special Needs Seating*
• A variety of food and beverages for purchase from vendors
• Beer, coolers and wine service
(must be of 19 to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages and produce 2 pieces of valid ID where one must be photo ID)
Summertime Blues – General Rules
• Summertime Blues 2018 wristbands must be worn at all times and are subject to inspection. Any wristbands found to be altered, tampered with or fraudulent will be removed and the owner will be escorted from the site.
• Any criminal activity, violence, public inebriation, destruction of property or any other violation of Summertime Blues rules is subject to removal of wristband and immediate ejection from the grounds and possible arrest.
• All patrons should be prepared to present valid and acceptable photo ID, if requested, for the sale of alcoholic beverages and/or ticket sales verification.
• Be advised: underage drinking or providing alcohol to a minor is a criminal offense. Police will be involved and offenders are subject to removal and possible arrest.
• Please support our merchandise, food and beverage vendors.
• No glass bottles or glass containers allowed.
• Show ground gates are scheduled to open by 2:00 PM Friday, 11:00 AM Saturday and 10:00 AM Sunday. For the safety of our patrons, Summertime Blues 2016 reserves the right to delay the opening if necessary.
• Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted on show site.
• All chairs in General Admission must be removed nightly.
• Patrons entering onto the festival property may have their image and/or likeness reproduced for promotional and/or publicity purposes in festival photography and/or web casts by the festival, contractor, media and/or partners of Summertime Blues. By entering the grounds, you agree to allow such use of your image and/or likeness by Summertime Blues.
• Summertime Blues and the Nanaimo Blues Society assume no liability for personal loss, injury, death, property damage or other related harm suffered by participants, spectators, vendors, or others who may be adversely affected by the event.